Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Post-Tori Feels Part 4

Okay, so I mentioned what happened before the show and during the show but now I thought I would mention how I feel collectively about the entire thing and how it felt compared to her last show.

I've only been to a handful of shows in my life. However, I've seen Tori twice now. Her first show was entirely acoustic, just her and her guitar. At her first show I was literally front row center stage and could've put my water bottle on stage had I not been afraid security would carry me away. The venue was a little smaller at her first show I think though the size was fairly similar due to the structure of the building if I had to guess. At the first show I went to it was more organized and Tori didn't have anyone to open for her.

I liked that this show was in a nicer setting and the crowd wasn't as rude. I also liked that Tori performed both with and without the band since it brought a lot of energy to the show and a different dynamic. I loved hearing Us perform before Tori and getting to hear so many songs. I loved the crowd participation moments and little moments in between songs.

I didn't like where I sat for this show. I wish the pictures I tried to take didn't all turn out blurry since I was too far away and I wish my phone didn't die before some of my videos were saved. I liked being able to see how the crowd reacted but I didn't feel as much like I was a part of the show and the energy didn't feel the same at all. At the last show I remembered every little detail and could replay it over in my head but this one didn't leave the same after effect. Oddly enough, it felt sort of surreal like it was there and then the moment passed so quickly like it had hardly even happened at all. I didn't like not being able to see very well and I felt like the area I was in could've been a little more excited to see Tori and be more involved.

I liked that I got to take cute photos with Tori and Us but I would've loved to just actually sit down and talk to them and get to know more about them as people and the things they like vs the things they don't like and I'd love to chat with people who appreciate music as much as I do. I don't mind the whole fangirl aspect to shows but it'd be really nice to just sit down and be 100% real and learn who these people really are and what their stories are.

Overall, I loved the show. I enjoyed meeting Us The Duo and appreciated getting to take photos and say hi to Tori. I do appreciate the little moments and loved the little small details and also the insanely large parts of the show. I'm a really big observer so I sort of take everything in and look at the mechanics of everything and how it all works and what doesn't work or could be better.. etc.

I wish given the amount of money I spent that it would've been a little more intimate and I would've gotten into the crowd instead of sitting on the sidelines, as well as getting to know the people behind their talents but I'm incredibly grateful for getting out to do what I love and watch others get to do what they love and are passionate about. It's extremely cool and amazing to me that music is a thing and that live music exists in a way that can connect people from all over the world to bond and feel a little less alone. It's an awesome thing and I'm glad that I could ever be a small part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Leave one.